Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Month 5 & 6 (February/March)

Hello! Mommy keeps promising that she'll help me post these updates, but she just noticed it's already been 6+ months! Daddy and Mommy can't believe how big I'm getting, they keeps saying it's going by too fast... Here's a recap of month 5 & 6.

On the first of February, En Na left to go back home to Dallas. I missed her very much! Mommy had negotiated part time work, and tried to work at home for a couple days, but soon realized that it was too hard to split time between working and taking care of me. Mommy asked Po Po to come from California to watch me while she looked for day cares for me and went back into work. Mommy took me to a few day cares and they all seemed fine, but I preferred to stay home and play with Po Po and Mommy. Mommy actually dropped me off at day care twice, but I cried most of the time that I was there, and Mommy decided that she wanted to stay home with me full time instead. Yay!

Some highlights from Month 5:
  • I love to play in my exersaucer!
  • Starting cutting back on night time feedings
  • Learned how to grab everything and put it into my mouth
  • Daddy taught me how to ride on his shoulders (I especially like eating Daddy's hair!)
  • I love to touch new things and feel them
  • Enjoyed my first Super Bowl and played the piano
  • Rolled from front to back on my right on February 5th
  • Celebrated Chinese New Year with lots of friends
  • Had my first bite of solid food, rice cereal, on Feburary 10th
  • Went to my first ICF Retreat in New Hampshire




In March, Mommy worked out a deal with her work that she could stay home with me full time and work 10.5 hours at home. I was so happy to have her finally be at home with me! (She tells me that she was really happy too! She was starting to feel sad that she was missing so much of my babyhood.) Daddy and Mommy also decided it was time for me to learn how to soothe myself to sleep, so they started "ferberizing" me. The first night, I cried for 45 minutes, but the second night, I only cried for 20 minutes, and on the third night, I only cried for 5 minutes! Unfortunately, this month, I also developed ezcema on my face. I'm still not sure what causes it, but when it gets really dry and I get really hot, it gets much worse and sometimes it bleeds. :( Mommy and Daddy have been trying to wash all my clothes with extra sensitive detergent and double rinse everything. They also have been trying to keep me cool and trim my nails to try to stop me from scratching! At the end of the month, I took my first plane ride to California to visit Gong Gong and Po Po. It was fun to play with them! Gong Gong fed me food and gave me lots of baths and Po Po took me outside to play everyday and played lots of mirror games with me. The weather was so nice and I saw lots of green and flowers for the first time! It was so sunny, I was amazed since I never get to see sun in Boston. Daddy left early to go back to work in Boston, so it was also the first time I was away from Daddy overnight. :( More on California in next month's update! Oh yes, and at my 6 Month pediatrician visit, I found out my new stats: 20lbs 2 oz (90th percentile), 27 inches, and a head circumference of 44 1/2 cm.

Some highlights from Month 6:
  • Got my first haircut from Mommy (Too many people thought I was a girl!)
  • another cold!
  • ate oatmeal for the first time.. except I think I may be allergic!
  • I eat everything I can get my hands on
  • learned how to play with my new jumperoo
  • learned how to sit up by myself on March 2nd!
  • Auntie Teresa, Uncle Mark, and Uncle Jeff came to visit me
  • went to my first birthday party for Jaden and John
  • touched my mobile on 3/20
  • ate sweet potato on 3/25 (yum!)
  • pulled down mobile on 3/26!!!! (see video below for evidence!)
  • first plane ride to California on 3/27
  • had a bbq with lots of new friends on 3/28
  • my first cut on my finger with band-aid





To see the full web albums, click here:
Month 5 & 6


California

2 comments:

  1. wow so many pictures!! yay for posting =)

    good job mingming, adjusted to sleeping on your own in just 3 days that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! no longer it took you 3 hrs to post this =) quite an update. good job on so many milestones mingming =)

    ReplyDelete